Last Monday, October 23rd, 2023, the 15th celebration of the best wines of Catalonia was held at the Sala Razzmatazz, coinciding with the presentation of The Wine Guide of Catalonia 2024, by Jordi Alcover and Sílvia Naranjo. The guide, which this year 2023 reaches its 15th edition, is a journalistic reference of Catalan wines. For its elaboration, the authors and collaborators have tasted, blind, more than 1,200 wines and 220 wineries.
At the beginning of the presentation, the awaited awards were presented to the wines with the highest scores.
It is worth highlighting the scores of the winery’s wines:
– Els Flautats 2021 with 9.83 points – The best red wine from Catalonia without DO.
– Els Merlets 2021 with 9.79 points – Among the five best red wines from Catalonia without DO.
– 201 Orange Wine with 9.82 points – The second best “brisat” wine Catalonia without DO.
Also to mention:
– Ranci de l’Oller with 9.77 points – The third generous wine from Catalonia.
– Superbloom Rose with 9.69 points.
– Bernat Blanc de Picapolls with 9.48 points.
From Oller del Mas we follow our values and a line where we follow the recovery of native varieties such as Picapoll Negre, in which Frank Margenat, owner of the winery, decided not only to recover the variety but to make great vinifications that represent the identity and uniqueness of the estate.